Title: Wayland Area Chamber of Commerce Annual Christmas Parade
Location: Downtown Wayland
Link out: Click here
Description: December 8th: Annual Bancake Breakfast at the Wayland Fire Department, 160 W Superior Street, from 7:00am-10:30am.
December 8th: Wayland Area Chamber of Commerce Annual Christmas Parade – The parade will begin at 11:00am at the Wayland VFW Post 7581 located at 735 S Main Street. The parade will proceed North on Main, then go West on Superior. The parade will conclude at the Wayland Fire Station, 160 W Superior. Visits with Santa will take place after the parade. Please bring a camera for pictures with Santa. This year, the parade theme is “Christmas Melodies” which allows those entering the parade to decorate according to a Christmas song. Cash prizes are awarded for the top three participants who decorate according to the theme. Please note that the Wayland Area Chamber of Commerce provides Santa Claus for the parade so it is requested that all other parade entries do not use another Santa in their displays. This will avoid potential confusion for the children. City Police Parade Rules are as follows:
– Nothing shall be thrown from any moving vehicle. Handing out candy or other objects is permitted by walkers only.
– All dogs in the parade must be kept on leashes and held by someone strong enough to handle them.
– All animals participating in the parade must be kept under control.
– Four wheelers, all-terrain vehicles, and mini-racers are prohibited except in certain conditions that are approved by the Wayland City Police Department.
– A parade entrant which operates a vehicle or other equipment in such a way that can be dangerous (burn outs, careless/reckless driving) to spectators or other parade participants will be removed from the parade and possibly cited.
– The parade route is one-way. No parade entrant may reverse direction.
– Participants on bikes, scooters, skateboards, skates, etc. must wear a helmet and proper safety equipment.
– No one may step off a vehicle, float, or any other moving piece of equipment during the parade except in an emergency. Float riders must be completely on the float with no legs or other parts of the body hanging over the sides of the float.
Start Time: 11:00