SNOW REMOVAL BIDS
The City of Wayland Downtown Development Authority is accepting sealed bids for snow removal and salting of Downtown Wayland sidewalks for the winter of 2016/2017.
Contract will begin November 1, 2016.
Bid specifications are as follows:
- Sidewalks will be cleared and salted when 2 inches of snow accumulates as well as on call.
- Salt will be provided at the Department of Public Works building. The contractor will be responsible for picking up salt as needed at 965 S. Main St. (DPW garage).
- Concrete safe salt will be provided for use at the four corners of the intersection of Superior and Main St.
- Sidewalks on the east side of North and South Main St. from Hanlon Ct. to E. Maple St.
- Sidewalks on the west side of N. and S. Main St. from W. Pine St. to W. Maple St.
- Sidewalks on the south side of Superior St. from Pearl St. to City Hall and behind City Hall to 129 S. Main St. Also includes sidewalks in the alley behind the Wayland Hotel to Jayda Gale Distillery.
- Sidewalks on the north side of Superior St. from Church St. to Forrest St., including the walkway on the side of McDuff’s Tavern.
- Sidewalk on the north side of Pine St. to the entrance of the parking lot to Snap Fitness/Bentleys.
- Sidewalk on the East side of Church St. from West Superior to the entrance of the Fire Department.
- Sidewalk on the South side of Acqua in Vino from South Main St. to the alley.
- A map of the area to be plowed is available upon request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bids may be presented as seasonal or per hour. Indicate what equipment you will use to complete the work in Wayland. Bidders should include two references. Successful bidder must provide proof of insurance to the City Clerk’s office.
Bids will be accepted until 9:00 A.M., October 13, 2016, at which time they will be opened and read aloud.
Address all bids to City Hall, 103 South Main St., Wayland, MI 49348. Bids must be in a sealed envelope with the words “Snow Removal Bid” plainly printed on the envelope.
The City of Wayland reserves the right to accept or reject any and all bids as it deems in its best interest.